Monday, July 29, 2013

week thirteen: patio lights

 photo IMG_4116_zps66bc4d33.jpg  photo IMG_4117_zps888d475c.jpg  photo IMG_4119_zps13216272.jpg

I cannot believe how far behind I am on posting my home project a week for this year! I should be posting week 30 on Friday...Since that is obviously not going to happen, I promise that I have been doing projects, I just haven't been getting around to posting them. I will work on getting caught up as soon as possible because I have some fun things to share. 

I put these string lights up on our patio several weeks ago (they are just these lights from Target), and we have really been enjoying the soft light for dinners or just sitting and talking and/or enjoying the peaceful quiet that is typical for our little street. I have long been a lover of "twinkle lights" which I am sure stems from my mother's tendencies toward all things sparkly. String lights take an outdoor space from nice to ambient. They add some beautiful romance to everyday life.

And they just make me happy. No further justification needed, right? 

P.S. What do you think of our summer wreath? It was the easiest wreath I've ever put together, but I think it might be my favorite so far. Although this Christmas wreath would rank a very close second!

P.S.S. Do these pictures feel like Fall to anyone else?

1 comment:

FaithE said...

Love love love the twinkle lights! A little sparkle/ twinkle makes life worth living!
ps. It is too hot to feel like fall.