Wednesday, July 31, 2013

in season: tomato bruschetta

 photo Bruschetta006_zpsd474ae42.jpg  photo Bruschetta012_zps3ad23da5.jpg  photo Bruschetta018_zpsd96c26bf.jpg

Lately each one of our CSA boxes has contained lovely summer tomatoes. Since Justin doesn't care for tomatoes, I've been enjoying a lot of Caprese Salads, Greek salads and bruschetta in the process of using all of these beautiful tomatoes. I think I finally got my bruschetta recipe just right, so I thought I would share it! 

Tomato Bruschetta 
Makes 2-3 servings depending on the size of your tomato 

1 tomato, diced 
1-2 clove garlic, minced (depending on your mood and any date plans later in the day)
1.2 t. extra virgin olive oil + extra for grilling bread
1 t. balsamic vinegar
2 basil leaves, chopped or torn into small pieces
salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
small baguette (I get the Organic Baby Baguettes from Trader Joe's)

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Heat grill to low heat. Brush baby baguette with olive oil and place face down on the grill. Grill a few minutes until just golden. Scoop your bruschetta onto your baguette and enjoy (preferably with a glass of wine and a sweet spot sitting outdoors). 

Do you have any favorite recipes for summer tomatoes?

No comments: