Thursday, February 21, 2013

week seven: umbrella stand

 photo IMG_3998_zps7031c4f1.jpg  photo IMG_4000_zps74e67d82.jpg

The patio is coming along nicely. Along with the kitchen, this is one of the most finished spaces in our home. I love our patio (I think it is technically a deck, but I've been calling it the patio since we moved in, and I think I'll just stick with it)--it is such a peaceful spot. And since we live in Southern California, it is a space that we can utilize pretty much year-round. 

So, this week's project/new addition is the umbrella base. Riveting, isn't it? We bought our patio furniture last year from Target, but we missed out on the umbrella base. I bought a base at a local hardware store, but it didn't fit with the table structure. After Target rolled out their Spring seasonal outdoor merchandise, you cannot understand how excited I was to see that they had brought back our patio furniture. This meant that they had also brought back the umbrella base! I obviously purchased it immediately (it was even on sale--clearly the stars had aligned), brought it home and set it up. Now I just need a gate, some twinkle lights and a bin for the hose, and I think that our patio will be "finished." For now, anyway.

No comments: