Saturday, January 12, 2013

week two: painting the office

IMG_3958_zpsfac6d096 IMG_3961_zpsa6c27fdd

The office is finally painted! I can't believe that it took me over 6 months to choose a color and finally get around to cleaning out and prepping the office for paint. In general, I am a very decisive person. It took Justin and I about 20 minutes to pick out a mattress. We pick out our Christmas trees in about 15 minutes. The moment I held Chloe at the shelter, I knew she was coming home with us (it took a little bit longer to convince Justin on that one). But, for some reason, when it comes to the house, my decision making moves at a snail's pace

We didn't paint the closet yet because that is a whole mess that I just couldn't deal with last weekend. Justin talked me into just painting the rest of the room and dealing with the closet later (he was probably afraid that it would take another 6 months to paint the room if we didn't just start it at that moment). Sometimes we must just do what we can do.

All of the furniture is still in the center of the room and the drop cloths are still down because the next project in this room is to paint all of the baseboards and trim, then install the shoe molding. Then we can buy a new bookshelf, then maybe a rug, then...You get the idea--could probably come up with 52 projects in this room alone!

Changing the subject completely, did anyone watch the opening episode of Downton Abbey last Sunday? Any thoughts? I am so excited that the third season is finally upon us! Also, I saw Les Miserables last weekend. Amazing. If you haven't seen it yet, it is definitely one to catch in the theater!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can't wait to see what's next! Getting started is usually the biggest hurdle.
Kurt and I just started watching Downton Abbeyand we are in love. I can't wait to see what happens. in other sad news, I think I am the only person on the planet that hated this version of Les Mis. ;(

Faith Premo said...

What color did you use? I love it. A definite improvement over the pink. I can't wait to see what you do next.

Rachel Angevine said...

@Rebecca: So true! I have heard from one other person who didn't like this Les Mis. What didn't you like about it?

@Faith Premo: We used Stonington Gray by Benjamin Moore for the walls and Snowy Pine by Behr for the ceiling.

Rebecca said...

I didn't like that they sung the entire thing. It was soooo awkward to me and really didn't convey emotion well for a very emotional production.