Friday, January 4, 2013

operation: make this house a home


Lately I have really been feeling the need to pull our house together. Our home will never be finished, but I would at least like it to feel together. The fact that there are so many projects that I would like to/need to do around our house takes up a lot of space in my mind on a regular basis. It's time to free up that mental space for grander pursuits. Last year I had every intention of sticking to the William Morris Project, but it just didn't happen. So, 2013 is going to be my year where I complete one project around our house each week with the goal of making our little condo feel more like home.

I set up this page to track my progress. I'm going to set up 52 little blank squares to fill in throughout the year. I am a total perfectionist (who may have some slight OCD tendencies), so I am going to use those little as a form of accountability since it will drive me crazy to leave any blank.

This week's project was kind of lame, not very exciting, and not very well documented. I cleaned out our home office, put some paint samples up on the wall, [finally] picked a color, and prepped for painting THIS WEEKEND! I have been talking about painting the office for about 6 months now, so I am so excited to finally be getting this done!

Care to join me in Operation: Make This House A Home? If enough people are interested, I would love to have a little link up once a week so that we can share all of our projects and hold each other accountable throughout the year. Leave a comment and let me know if you would like to join in on this little project!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can't wait to see what you do!

Adiel Cloud said...

What a great idea! I should totally do that, too!

Rachel Angevine said...

Thanks, Becky--if my house ends up looking 1/10 as good as yours, I'll be happy!

Adiel, join me! I would love to see your projects!

Faith Premo said...

I'm in on this! If I can ever get the Christmas tree put away! It's in the box waiting to be put in storage.