Wednesday, December 26, 2012

office inspiration

Our home office is currently a "junk collector." Don't know where to put that old light fixture from the dining area (yes, that's still lying around...)? Put it in the office for now. Where to keep old magazine issues? In stacks on the office floor, of course. Does everyone have a room like this? It is so disorganized, and if you know me at all, you know that this is weighing me down and driving me crazy. Like every room in my house, I would like our home office to be functional and beautiful, and 2013 is the year that this is going to happen!

So, while I work on cleaning the room out so that we can paint, here are some inspiration photos for the look and feel we're going for in our home office:
Photobucket
Source: Dos Family
Photobucket
Source: Pinterest - if you know the original source, please let me know so that I can link it immediately!
Photobucket
Source: Studio Sweet Studio | Sunken Treasure
Photobucket
Source: April and May
Photobucket
Source: Pinterest - again, if you know the original source, please let me know so that I can link it!
Photobucket
Source: Pinterest - still searching for the original source. Please let me know if you know!
Photobucket
Source: Lonny Magazine
So, here's what I'm thinking we need to pull this space together: lots of books, lots of art, a cozy chair, some industrial lighting and a plant or two (a ginkgo tree in the office is obviously happening).

No comments: