Saturday, September 8, 2012

huntington dog beach

DogBeach016 DogBeach008 DogBeach013 DogBeach014 DogBeach035 DogBeach036 DogBeach044

A few weeks ago, a friend and I met up for a little puppy playdate at the Huntington Dog Beach. It was Chloe's first time at the beach, and I knew that she wouldn't want to have anything to do with the water, but I wasn't sure how she would act off the leash. In public. With no fences. She was fine, trying to make sure that she was never more than 3 feet away from me and panicking the one time she couldn't see me. 

While the other dogs played with each other and jumped into the ocean for a swim, Chloe sniffed the sand and ran away from incoming waves. I cannot figure out why she is so anti-social. We have had her around other dogs and people as much as possible since she was old enough to be out and about. She has been to puppy kindergarten, doggie daycare, farmers' markets, parks, dog parks, restaurants, and now the dog beach. The only reason that her anti-social behavior bothers me is that she get so nervous on the occasions that we've had to board her, and it makes me feel terrible. I'm not sure what the solution is, or really whether she even really has a problem. Maybe this is just her personality, and maybe I just need to stop worrying about my dog. I am going to be a wreck as a mother to actual children...

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sometimes I'm not sure I actually like people so I can totally relate to the problem.

Sarah said...

Your last line made me giggle tremendously. :) You'll be a great mom!