Monday, July 2, 2012

bruxie

IMG_3259 IMG_3257 bruxie

My sister was in town over the weekend, and we decided to head over to Bruxie in Old Town Orange for a late breakfast (I don't really think you can call it brunch when you walk up to a little stand to place your order). Bruxie is one of my favorite places to eat in Orange County because the concept is so fun and original. A little food stand in one of my favorite neighborhoods that only serves gourmet waffle sandwiches? Yes, please!

The menu is full of the expected: Bacon, Egg & Cheddar, Nutella & Bananas, Lemon Cream & Berries. It is also chock full of the unexpected and clever: Green Eggs & Ham, Buttermilk Fried Chicken & Waffle, the Bruxie Burger, Smoked Salmon & Dill Cream Cheese, S'mores, Hot Pastrami...the list goes on and on, and I haven't even mentioned any of their seasonal specials! How does Carolina Pulled Pork, New England Lobster, or Braised Beef Short Ribs sound? I also once had one that had goat cheese, fig, honey, arugula, and a balsamic reduction. It was heaven. When you're placing your order, don't forget to order some waffle fries (of course)! Also, I can't speak for their other two locations, but the Old Town Orange location makes a perfect iced coffee.

This place is pretty popular, so I recommend getting in line right away and having one member of the party take a menu, find a table and hold it, then text their order to you.

After you finish your sandos, you can walk off some of those very worthy calories by browsing through the antique stores in the Orange Circle.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

How interesting! That's going on my list of places to go if we're ever in the area!