Wednesday, June 27, 2012

the hunt for the perfect sofa


lorimerwestelm
Lorimer Sofa | $849 - $1,049 | West Elm

Things I like: the wide arms, the color, and the wooden legs
Things I don't like: nothing, really



img50o
Henry Sofa | $599 - $1,099 | West Elm
Things I like: grey velvet, it's assembled in the USA out of 70% recycled materials, and the price is great! 
Things I don't like: I wish that the arms were a little bit wider, but throw pillows could up the snuggle factor.


PetrieSofaCrateandBarrel
Petrie Apartment Sofa | $1,599 | Crate and Barrel
Things I like: tufting, cushion shape, and the height that it is raised of the ground
Things I don't like: I wonder if it's just a little bit too trendy
PetrieLthrAptSofaFawnS11
Petrie Leather 76" Apartment Sofa | $3,899 | Crate and Barrel
Things I like: love the color of this leather, and it would really set the tone for our living room
Things I don't like: All I can think about is sitting on the leather in the middle of August...
DavisSofaDariusAshS12cb
Davis Sofa | $1,299 | Crate and Barrel
Things I like: I love this fabric. It is perfect. I also like the shape, and the fact that it is slightly raised off of the ground
Things I don't like: is it weird that it bothers me a little bit that the back support juts out on the sides?
BollaSofaCooperCarbonS10cb2
Bolla Carbon Sofa | $1,199 | CB2
Things I like: I love this sofa. It might be the one. I love, love, love the color & fabric. I love the shape. I love the  cozy arms, and the feet.
Things I don't like: I'm wondering if the back is too low. I need to conduct a seat test.
I recently volunteered to host a group of ladies in our home in two weeks, and now I am totally fixated on pulling our living room together. I would love to throw some fresh paint on the walls, buy a new couch, buy this media console, this lamp, and a rug. While I know that all of that won't happen in the next two weeks, it's still fun to look around and see what I would buy right now if I could. Realistically, I might be able to paint the room (although that may not be possible due to J's fish tank). I would love to get a new sofa, but I'm not sure that's really where we want to spend money at this moment. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Have you ever bought a new sofa? What do you wish you would have known before you made your purchase? 

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Rachel, I will help you paint. Just paint around the fish tank. That's what I do if furniture is too heavy to move and Jody not home. No one knows. LOL!