Monday, April 9, 2012

la brea tar pits + the counter

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Last weekend my parents were in town visiting, so we decided to make a rare trek up to LA for some touristy activities. First up was the Page Museum which is all about the La Brea Tar Pits. While the museum would have been a lot more fun to go to with children, I still had a lot of fun learning all of the history of that neighborhood of Los Angeles. I also loved the garden in the center of the museum, even if we did think that it seemed a little random (as in, not at all Ice Age related).

When we finished at the museum we crossed the street to have lunch/dinner at The Counter which is LA's "build-a-burger" restaurant. We had been to the Irvine location with Justin's parents, and when I saw one right next to the museum I knew that it would be a fun place to take my parents. It's a pretty cool restaurant concept--you can build your own burger from a wide selection of proteins, toppings, buns, and you can even turn any burger into a salad (as my mom and I did as seen above!).

The main event of the day was the TMZ Hollywood tour! Probably just about the touristy thing that you can do in Los Angeles, but even if you are a long-time Southern California resident, you should go do this! Justin and I love TMZ, and we have  been talking about doing this tour since they started doing them! We had so much fun on the tour, and I even won a t-shirt for knowing what TMZ stood for!

We had a great weekend with my parents, and I'm glad that we had a chance to take them up to spend a day in Los Angeles!

No comments: