Tuesday, March 6, 2012

birthday

Photobucket
brunch: eggs benedict + mimosas

Photobucket
birds on broadway
Photobucket
laguna beach
Photobucket
it was a perfect day
Photobucket
I discovered that my camera has a widescreen mode...
Photobucket
we have got to start asking people to take pictures for us...
Photobucket
Richard Diebenkorn (via OCMA)
Photobucket
Ocean Park No. 114 by Richard Diebenkorn (via Richard Diebenkorn)
Photobucket
Richard Diebenkorn (via Google Image Search)
Photobucket
Untitled (View from Studio, Ocean Park) by Richard Diebenkorn (via artinfo.com)
Photobucket
protein style cheeseburger w/ fries
This past Sunday was my birthday, and Justin made sure that it was a lovely and relaxing day. We started the day out with brunch at The Cottage in Laguna Beach where I indulged in my absolute favorite--eggs benedict. The weather was just perfect (low to mid 80's!), so after brunch we walked down to the beach and walked along the boardwalk. Laguna Beach has to be one of the prettiest places in the world. After our little walk, we hopped in the car and cruised up the PCH to the Orange County Museum of Art where we saw an exhibit of Richard Diebenkorn's Ocean Park Series. I fell in love with Ocean Park No. 114 which you can see above. Wouldn't that look amazing in our living room [once we get a new couch]? Justin and I also both loved a painting called "Rialto" by Chuck Arnoldi which was hanging in the museum's lobby. Unfortunately I can't find an image of it anywhere on the web, and we weren't allowed to take any photos inside the museum. But, it reminded me of this dress from the last season of Project Runway. After all of that excitement, we went home and I took advantage of the weather and spent a little bit of time by the pool, and we ended the day with something I've been craving for awhile now: some protein style cheeseburgers from In-N-Out while watching Midnight in Paris (which I loved!).

It was a wonderful day...

3 comments:

Jackie Amidon Donaldson said...

Rachel, that seems like a positively spectacular way to spend your birthday. You have just reminded me of all the reasons I love Southern Calfornia. I just moved back from Peru and your blog inspired me to think more upbeat about living here again. Thank you for that! And happy belated birthday to you!!!

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you had a great birthday and a beautiful beach day to boot! I love those paintings too. Very So Cal!
:o)

Rachel Angevine said...

Thanks, friends!

@Jackie: Did you move back to San Diego? If so, maybe we should meet up for lunch or something one weekend!