Tuesday, January 3, 2012

slow cooker chicken tortilla soup

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

My mom and dad gave me a slow cooker for Christmas, and I was so excited to finally use it yesterday! Right off the bat, I knew that the first thing I wanted to make it was chicken tortilla soup, and when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I went for it.

This turned out to be a great recipe! The only thing I did differently from the recipe was to throw all of the ingredients (except for the chicken) into the blender before I put them in the slow cooker. I used hot green chiles, but we didn't really feel the heat so next time I think I'll double the green chile. Next time I also need to make at least two batches--one for dinner and one ready to go from the freezer to the slow cooker!

No comments: