Wednesday, January 18, 2012

guest bath inspiration

Photobucket
via Small Bathroom Ideas (via Pinterest)
Photobucket
via Pinterest
Photobucket
via Pinterest
Photobucket
via Pinterest
Photobucket
via Sweet Peach (via Pinterest)
Photobucket
via Little Plastic Horses (via Pinterest)
Photobucket
via Martha Stewart (via Bryn Alexandra)
I'm sure that you've all been sitting on the edges of your seats waiting for me to post the inspiration photos for our guest bathroom. Aren't you glad that you can finally relax? I have been wanting to make our guest bathroom nice since we first moved into our place, and I've really struggled with it for some reason. After combing through Pinterest and my Google Reader tags, I have no idea why. It is such a small space and will be so easy to pull together, and the room will be so much more functional. 

I love all of these pictures, but I especially love the second photo above. I love everything about that room. I really want to find a rug like that for our bathroom--I think that it would add some coziness to our the dark hardwood floors and shower curtain currently in the room. I also really like the towel rack in the first photo--that would be great for guests, and it would free up some room in my linen closet! Someday in the future (maybe) I would like to rip out the shower/bathtub that is currently in our guest bathroom and replace it with a nice porcelain tub and subway tiles for the shower splash (or whatever that's called). And, I need to make that organization system in the bottom picture happen in both of our bathrooms ASAP.

How amazing is that map bathroom? I would love to do that, but I still have in my head that I want to put a map of some sort on the wall in our guest room. Would that be too much...? It would tie the spaces together, right?

Does anyone have any ideas on where I could find a brightly colored woven rug like the one in that second photo? I would appreciate any and all help!

2 comments:

Lisa @ Trapped In North Jersey said...

Try Urban Outfitters for the rug, they frequently have brightly colored rag rugs. I love the picture that the rag rug is in, especially the dark shelves against the bright white walls.

Rachel Angevine said...

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for the suggestion of looking at Urban Outfitters--they have a couple that I like a lot. I also found one at World Market that might work!