Thursday, January 19, 2012

chalkboard paint

Photobucket
Before
Photobucket
The materials--all for around $20!
Photobucket
After
I finally got around to painting this little strip of wall with chalkboard paint! I feel like I start a lot of my posts with "I finally got around to..." I cannot figure out why it took me so long to get around to doing this because it ended up being a very simple and inexpensive little project that adds some of that character and lived-in feeling that I want our home to have.

Today I'm linking up with Jules of Pancakes & French Fries for her series The William Morris Project. In my resolutions for 2012, I want to streamline and declutter, and I even included the William Morris quote that inspired Jules' series! So, when I stumbled across her blog and saw what she was up to, I knew that I had to join. She's committed to doing one project per week, I believe throughout the year. I'm going to try to keep up with her! I made a list this evening, and there are definitely plenty of little (and big) projects to keep me busy! Now it's just a matter of prioritizing those projects...

If you're feeling brave, you should join in on all of this fun, too!

11 comments:

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

Looking good. I find it amazing (and frustrating) how many projects I complete that turn out to be simple... and then spend days saying "What took me so long??". Hooray for William Morris!

Alice Almighty said...

How fun! It's inspiring to see people take little parts of their home and personalize them. Thanks for posting!

pamelotta said...

That's the perfect little spot for a chalkboard. I know your family will love it! Congratulations on getting it done!

May said...

Is that not THE perfect place for a little chalkboard? That is great.
You made me laugh with "it sort of feels like a lot of my posts start out with I finally got it done"! I am a member of that club too!

small + friendly said...

I can't get enough of chalkboard paint! It always looks great and is so much fun!

Kelly said...

That looks great!! And I'm so guilty too of the "why didn't I do this earlier?" issue.

Rachel Angevine said...

Thanks, everyone! I've enjoyed seeing all of the other participants' projects so far, and I can't wait to see what else we can accomplish in our homes this year!

Jules said...

I really like your blog header. Very pretty!

As for chalk paint, well...who doesn't love it? I want to put it all over my back kitchen wall, but the mere suggestion horrifies my husband. Oh well, I guess I'll just live vicariously through people like you!

Great job on tackling something so simple, but with such a big impact. I've had the same experience, and like Ms. Amy, I always wonder why I waited so long to do it!

xo
Jules

Monica said...

Hi! Stopping by from Jules' WMP. Simple projects are totally underrated and they really shouldn't be. Nice project.

Liz said...

Stopping by from the link up at Jules'. I have the same exact goals as you- to keep up with the one project a week, and giving our home (a rental) a bit more character. This project is great, can't wait to see more!

Mary Ann said...

Fun project! We put chalkboard paint on the back of a kitchen cabinet and it's great fun ... though when we sit at the counter we get our knees all chalky (didn't think that through!).

Looking forward to watching the rest of your projects!