Wednesday, December 14, 2011

parmesan-panko crusted tilapia

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We have been in a major salmon and shrimp rut when it comes to seafood. I decided that we should try something new, so I went straight to Pinterest to browse my "Yummy for My Tummy" board. I had pinned this recipe, but I didn't like the idea of using cereal to coat the fish. So, I substituted Panko (one of my new favorite things to use on fish!). This is definitely one of my new favorite fish recipes, and the Parmesan-Panko Crust would also suit salmon or chicken breasts.

Parmesan-Panko Crusted Tilapia
Makes 4 servings
  • 1 lb. Tilapia filets
  • 1/2 cup Panko
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 t. garlic powder
  • 1 t. Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Olive oil cooking spray
Preheat the broiler. Coat a glass baking pan with the olive oil cooking spray. Rinse the tilapia filets with water and dry with a paper towel. 

Combine the Panko, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and 21 Seasoning Salute in a medium shallow bowl. Coat fish very lightly with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Dip the filets in the panko-parmesan mixture to coat.

Place filets in the coated baking pan and broil 2 racks from the top for about 3-4 minutes per side.

2 comments:

Alli Baysden said...

We dont have a Trader Joes where I live so what could I substitute the 21 seasoning salute with?

Rachel Angevine said...

Hi Alli! You could use something like Old Bay or Pappy's. Let me know what you try and how it turns out!