Monday, December 19, 2011

home tour: the hallway + the laundry room

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And here is our hallway and laundry room! While they aren't the most exciting spaces in our home, they certainly are some of the most-used.

I would like to put up at least one more piece of art in the hallway to conceal the breaker box, and I would like to replace the light fixture. I've thought about putting a long runner carpet down the hall, but I kind of like the bare wood floors in the hallway. What do you think?

The laundry room is pretty small so I wasn't able to get any really great photos of it, but you get the idea. I'm kind of ready to repaint our whole house. I love the olive-y green that's in the laundry room, but I'm getting tired of it as it is also the color of our master bathroom. I'll post some inspiration pictures next week--I have one laundry room in my file that sticks in my mind--I may just basically copy it...

Here is the hallway/laundry room to-do list:
  • Paint walls
  • Paint cupboards
  • Organize cupboards
  • Light switch coverplate
  • Art for laundry room
  • New light fixtures
  • Weed/organize broom closet
  • Art to cover breaker box in hallway
  • Paint trim
  • Assemble a good First Aid kit
  • Frame and hang world map
  • New laundry basket
  • Black and white striped rug
  • Paint door

No comments: