Tuesday, November 15, 2011

the big apple

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
  
Remember when I made the Tipsy Arnold Palmer and said that I wanted to try The Big Apple this fall? Well, after seeing this cocktail recipe in Blueprint magazine 6 years ago I finally got around to trying it! And it was delicious. Bubbly apple + whiskey? Yum...

On a side note, did anyone else get Blueprint while it was being published? I have every issue that was ever published and I flip through them all a couple of times a year just because they are so pretty. I miss getting the new issues in my mailbox.
So, here is the recipe for The Big Apple:
  • 1 c. sparkling apple cider
  • 3 oz. whiskey
  • 1 oz. dry vermouth
  • 2 dashes bitters
  • 1 lady apple (I just used the tiniest apple I could find)
The recipe says that this is for 2 drinks. I'll let you decide how many drinks it makes for yourself...

No comments: