Wednesday, November 2, 2011

around the house: serving dishes

Photobucket
Option #1
Photobucket
Detail shot
Photobucket
Option #2
Photobucket
Detail shot
I am hosting Thanksgiving for Justin's immediate family this year! This is our first time hosting a family holiday in our home, and I am really excited about it. We have all of our dishes and glasses (I may buy some new flatwear if I find something I like that we can afford--this is what I would really like to get), but we could really use some serving dishes. I really love the rustic wooden bowls and platters (like the one in the picture above) with our dishes, and I plan to get a few of those. I love that no two pieces are the same--I feel like it adds to the French Country look of our everyday dishes.

Over the weekend, I found two different platters that I liked--one white and one silver. I asked Justin which one he preferred (hoping that it would solidify my decision), but of course he answered with the opposite of what I was thinking. I really like both of them, but I think that I need to just choose one style.

I would really appreciate any input that you have for me! Which one do you think looks best with both our place settings and the wooden serving dishes?

4 comments:

Faith Premo said...

I can't decide. I like the white one but I'm wondering if it is a little too close to the design in your dishes making it a little"off." if that makes sense. I do like the silver one especially that it has "sides" on it, which comes in very handy when it comes to meat juices. Over all, any decision you make will be good.

Kristen said...

I like the silver one. I think the white one might be too similar to your dishes (love those!) without actually being the same. And I really like the silver with the wood; mixed in with your dishes I think it's a really pretty combination. Good luck with Thanksgiving. We haven't hosted any holidays yet - have fun!

Rachel Premo Angevine said...

Thank you so much for the input! I am going to return the white platter and keep the silver. I'll be sure to make a little Thanksgiving post to show how it goes!

Faith Premo said...

Found the perfect platter for you at Pottery Barn for $59. Might be worth watching for the after thanksgiving day sales.