Monday, November 7, 2011

around the house: chandelier + lampshades

Photobucket
The chandelier is up!

Photobucket
I am just loving it!

Photobucket
And the lamps are finally being used in our room!
So, here's a little lighting update for the condo. Friday afternoon the contractor came over to install the chandelier (which my in-laws just happened to have lying around their house). I've had this chandelier in my possession for longer than I care to admit just trying to figure out where to put it. I don't know why it took me so long to realize that it should be in the dining area...it seems like a no-brainer, right? Now I'm feeling very motivated to paint the table and chairs, hang some new curtains, and figure out what to do in that space behind the table. Does anyone have any ideas?

I also found black lampshades at World Market for the lamps that I shared in this post. The lamps look great in our room, and it is so nice to finally have some decent lighting in there!

I'll be posting our kitchen later this week so that you can get a better feel for how the chandelier ties in with the rest of the space (and my vision for the space as a whole)!

If you're interested you can see the old dining area light fixture here.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

They just has that chandelier around the house!?! Lucky you! It's lovely. I'd put a buffet behind the table. Maybe find something second hand that's a bit quirky.

Rachel Premo Angevine said...

I know--I couldn't believe it, either! My mother-in-law also had a Kitchen Aid (which is now mine) just stashed away in a cupboard in her garage.

A buffet table is a good idea! I was kind of thinking bookshelf, but I think it would make the space feel too clutter-y.

Rebecca said...

It looks so beautiful and perfect there! I love the molding around the top! Gorgeous!

Rachel Premo Angevine said...

Thanks, Rebecca! Do you guys think it's up too high? I didn't even think of it until my mom asked me why I had it up so high, but now I'm wondering if I should lower it a bit...