Tuesday, September 27, 2011

pumpkin chocolate chip squares


Photobucket
What is it about Fall that just makes you want to bake? I started to get the itch to bake a few weeks ago when the temperature was hovering around the 100 degree mark down here. Turning the oven on was not an option. Fortunately, last week it finally started to cool down a bit so I ran to the grocery store for a can of pumpkin and made these Pumpkin-Chocolate-Chip Squares from Martha Stewart (Martha is my go-to for baking recipes). One of the best things about this cake is the way it makes your house smell while it is baking. I wish that I could send the scent of Pumpkin-Chocolate-Chip squares baking in the oven to you through the internets, but until that technology is available you have 2 options: make them yourself or use your imagination. I recommend the former because these are delicious.

No comments: