Friday, September 30, 2011

patio design board

Photobucket
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Remember my posts here about our patio and here about what I'd like to do with our patio? We're not in the position to spend money prettying up our patio right now, but I thought it would be fun to put together a little "design board" featuring some of the patio products that have caught my eye lately. I think that this patio table and chairs from Crate and Barrel have a nice aesthetic, are sturdy-looking, and are just the right size for our small patio space. For some reason, I really want to get a "Starbucks green" umbrella for the patio, and aren't those string lights cool? They remind me of a scene in The Godfather 2 where they're showing Robert DeNiro's character starting the family business in New York. Lilacs are very sentimental to me, and I love to do a row of them along our patio railing to make the space more hidden and intimate (since our patio looks out onto our street).

What do you think of this design board?

2 comments:

Faith Premo said...

I love all of this! Especially the lights. Can you grow lilacs in pots on the patio?

Rachel Premo Angevine said...

Thanks, mom! Aren't those lights cool? They're kind of expensive, but I feel like they're worth it. I believe that those lilacs will grow in pots. The info says that they like full sun, so it sounds like they would do well on our patio.