Thursday, September 1, 2011

home tour: the patio


Photobucket
Our little condo

Photobucket
The front door

Photobucket
Our grill (which I have used nearly every single day since we brought it home)

Photobucket
Geranium, oregano & thyme

Photobucket
My flower baskets are still going strong despite a period of neglect

Photobucket
The neighborhood watch

Here is our home! I am going to go through and do a little home tour so that you can see our place and what we plan to do with it. So, we'll start at the very beginning with the patio. When we were looking at places, finding something with a patio was really important to me. Our patio is small, but I think it has a lot of potential to become a space that we use on a regular basis.

My vision for our patio is to make it like an outdoor room. Tomorrow I'll share some photos of patios and outdoor areas that I've been collecting as ideas for what I'd like to do with the patio.

Here's my laundry list for the patio:
  • Gate
  • Dining table with an umbrella
  • Chiminea
  • String lights for summer
  • Hose reel
  • Replace light fixtures
  • Mesh over the railing so that Chloe and future babies can't get through
  • Doggie door
  • Welcome mats
  • New hook for bird feeder
  • Bird house
  • Hummingbird feeder

No comments: