Friday, September 23, 2011

happy first day of fall!

 

A perfect picture of fall

 

Prettily decorated front door (love those adorable pumpkin lanterns!)



So romantic


Pretty and simple autumn dinner party setting


Mercury glass pumpkins from Pottery Barn


Sweet potato cupcakes with toasted marshmallow frosting

 
I need to make this wreath!

 
Perfect balance of pretty and spooky


Project: carve mini jack-o-lanterns


I love the beautiful door hanging and the metallic pumpkins

Fall is my favorite time of year! It makes me want to move to the East Coast so that we can enjoy the full glory of Autumn and then spend the holidays with cold and snow. Since that's not going to happen (at least not this year), I will still decorate my house and bake lots of pumpkin treats and watch You've Got Mail once a week and enjoy Fall in Orange County.

Since it's the first day of my favorite season, I thought that it would be fun to share some of my favorite images of Falland some inspiration for projects that I hope to be doing over the next couple of months. I hope that you enjoy them! Do you love this time of year? What projects and recipes are you looking forward to now that the weather is cooling down?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I have my pumpkin cream pie candle lit, and I am ready! I can hardly wait for pumpkin soup and pork and butternut squash stew! Lets just pretend its cooler than 95 outside...

Rebecca said...

PS, I love the images- especially the second picture down. I want to move into that house! So cute and cozy.

Rachel Premo Angevine said...

Ooohhh will you share your pumpkin soup and pork and butternut squash stew recipes with me? Those sound amazing!