Thursday, September 22, 2011

grilled breakfast pizza

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

When I asked Justin what he wanted for his Birthday dinner, I was surprised when he answered "breakfast pizza." Making pizzas on the grill is so easy and so delicious. I had made breakfast pizzas in the oven but this time I wanted to try making one on the grill, and I think that it was a great success!

Here is the recipe:

Pizza Dough (I just use Trader Joe's whole wheat pizza dough)
Olive Oil
5 Eggs
Shredded Cheese (I used Trader Joe's Quattro Formaggio blend)
Cooked Bacon
Chopped Oregano (you could use any blend of herbs and/or scallions)

Heat your grill to high. Shape the pizza dough as you wish and brush it with some olive oil. Place the pizza dough on the grill for about 30 seconds to a minute--basically just until you can see some pretty little grill marks. Turn off on side of the grill. Flip the pizza dough over and place it on the side of the grill that has no direct heat. Crack the eggs onto the pizza dough, close the grill lid, and cook until the eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese, cooked bacon, and your herbs, then close the lid of the grill and cook until cheese is melty and eggs are done to your liking (we like the yolks to be a little runny, so I need to remember to take it off the grill earlier next time!). Remove from the grill, cut into pieces, and enjoy!

No comments: