Friday, September 30, 2011

around the house: mirror + lamps

Photobucket


Photobucket
This mirror and these lamps have been sitting around our house waiting for other things to happen before they can be put up/placed in our house. I think that they are all going to end up in our bedroom. I found the mirror at Home Goods on sale for about $20, and I had been loving those lamps since the first time I saw them in Target, and I just happened to find them the day that they went on sale for half price!

I think that I want to put the mirror up above our bed, but I'm waiting until we buy a new mattress, and then I want to make a headboard like this! Then I'll hang it above the headboard. I really like the gold frame against the grey paint that we have on the walls in our room.

The lamps are going to go on our nightstands. I need to find some lampshades for them before I place them on the tables. I want to go with black, so I'm thinking something like these:
Photobucket
JÄRA shade from IKEA $30
Photobucket
Black Fabric Drum Shade from Lamps Plus $29.99
Photobucket
Black Faux Leather Lamp Shade from Lamps Plus $19.99 
What do you think about the lamp shades? Do you think the shape of that last one will look good with the shape of the lamp base? I wonder if the faux leather looks pretty or tacky in person...

Hope everyone has a good weekend! Is anyone doing anything exciting? We'll be watching baseball playoffs and maybe heading over to Knott's Berry Farm to get some more use out of our passes!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I think the shape of those last shades would look good - it all depends on how the "leather" looks though. And I'm liking the combo of gold and grey lately... Also, that Big Apple from your other post sounds good. Let us know how it is if you try it!

Rachel Premo Angevine said...

Thanks for your input, Kristen! I'm hoping that they have those shades at my local Lamps Plus store so that I can see how they look. I will definitely be trying The Big Apple and I will definitely post about it if it's any good.