Friday, August 26, 2011

photo collage

Photobucket
Our hallway family photo collage.
Photobucket
More pictures up on the wall! Photobucket
The hallway

We finally have pictures hanging on the walls in our house!

Everytime friends or family come to visit us, they always tell me, "You need to get some pictures up on your walls!" Well, after living in this space for almost a year, I finally committed to hanging things on the walls.

I don't know why, but I've always lagged on actually putting art and photos up. Maybe it has something to do with being an Army brat and moving a lot, or maybe I just have a mental block in this area of my life.


For the collage, I chose my favorite photograph from our wedding for the center, then family photos from our wedding, some favorite photographs of Justin and I as children, a picture of Chloe with Santa Claus last year (I know...), and a photograph of my maternal grandparents that I just love. I used the IKEA Ribba frames which I absolutely love and will probably use all over our house now that I have become a crazy picture-hanging woman.

For the other photos on the wall, I used a collage frame given to me by my mother which I believe she purchased at Target a couple of years ago. I included some of my favorite photos: sister and I at the Guggenheim in NYC, Justin and I at Fenway Park, my sisters laughing at the wedding, Katie and I at the wedding, Jessie and I in London, and my brother and sister with me at my college graduation.

It is so nice to walk by all of these memories everyday--I'm glad that I finally got my act together!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love it! Great choice on pictures too- they all seem so carefree and fun. I need to copy this- I need some photos in my life!
Glad to see you back on your blog!
:o)

Rachel Premo Angevine said...

Thanks, Rebecca! I just got the new IKEA catalog in the mail, and they have some really good layouts for photo collages, so check that out before you do yours!

I hope that you and Evan and Tebow are settling into your new place and enjoying Texas!