Thursday, March 24, 2011

a little reminder

Photobucket
A preview of our laundry room.
Photobucket
I can not do it all.

A couple of weeks ago I was feeling totally overwhelmed. I put so much pressure on myself to be perfect in all aspects of my life--in my marriage, in my home, in my family, in my friendships, in my job...And I constantly let myself (and others) down and feel like a complete failure. Then I shut down.

When I saw this print from Jones Design Company, it just really spoke to me: I can not do it all. As much as that bothers me, it also comforts me. I can't do it all, so I'll just prioritize and do my best.

On a side note: I am terrible about putting things up on my walls--I get comments about the need to put things up every time someone visits our home! So, framing and hanging this artwork felt like a huge accomplishment!

No comments: