Friday, December 10, 2010

our first christmas tree

Photobucket
I finally found the right size stand for our tree!
Photobucket
And got it all set up.
Photobucket
With pretty pearly white lights.
Photobucket
Justin and I trimmed the tree with a combination of my personal collection (which is very small) and the remainder of the vintage ornaments mentioned here.
Photobucket
Justin placed the star on top of the tree while Chloe supervised.
Photobucket
And here is the finished product: our first Christmas tree!

I think our first Christmas tree turned out very prettily, but I think that after Christmas I'll try to pick up some new gold and silver balls on sale as a backdrop for our more personal ornaments. I love the look of an eclectic, personal Christmas tree over a themed tree for our main family Christmas tree. However, I think it would be fun to do a little Chanel themed tree like this one in our bedroom.

What about you? Do you do a glamourous themed tree, or is your tree decorated with a combination of new and old and ornaments made by sweet little children?

3 comments:

Faith Premo said...

I love your first Christmas Tree!!! Hahaha I had to laugh when I saw pine needles on the floor. That is why we got an artificial one, but you can't recreate the great pine smell of a real tree.

I love the Chanel themed tree also. You could leave that up year round.

Merry Christmas!

Kristen said...

I'm waiting for our first Christmas tree, we're finally getting one this year! My ornaments are mostly a hodgepodge; some I made growing up, others are from vacations, etc. I have a set of red/green/silver ones that I picked up at Ross to fill in. My favorites are the ones my grandma bought for me - she used to buy a Christmas ornament for each grandchild every year, and I have one series that goes back to 1992 or so.

Linda W said...

Yay for firsts! It looks like a great tree and it is so special because it will always be your first!

The Auspicious Life