Tuesday, December 28, 2010

chocolate peppermint pretzels

Photobucket
Melting chocolate in the double boiler.Photobucket
I used a meat tenderizier and a towel on the cutting board to break the candy canes down into little bitty pieces (next time I would put them in a Ziplock bag instead of using the towel).Photobucket
A cookie sheet full of pretzels hand-dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with peppermint bits.Photobucket
Fresh out of the fridge and ready to be packed up for the trip to my parents' house for Christmas!

I made these dark chocolate pepperment pretzels partly to put in my mom's stocking from Santa and partly to share with my family over the Christmas weekend. They are delicious, fun and easy to make!

What is your favorite Christmas treat to share with family and friends?

3 comments:

Kristen said...

What a great gift idea - I'll have to save this one!

wednesday, thursday emily said...

delish! hope you're christmas was superb lolz! i didn't even know you were home

Rachel Premo Angevine said...

@Kristen: They would be great gifts! I'm going to package them up in cute little bags or boxes next year for my co-workers.

@Emily: We drove up Friday and back on Sunday, so we didn't see anyone except the family. Next time we'll be up longer and I'll be sure to let you know!