Saturday, December 5, 2009

26. Graduate from College

Photobucket
Well, I can now cross that one off of my list! Today, I graduated with a B.S. in Marketing. While the 8am ceremony seemed like one last jab at us students, it didn't take long for our excitement to raise our energy levels. It still feels surreal to me--I'm not sure when I'll actually feel that I've accomplished this. I still feel as though I'm an undergraduate student even though I was more than happy to leave my final undergraduate lecture.

I am so thankful to my parents for supporting me through a year and a half of journalism school in Southern California, one semester off to decide on a change of major, and then three and a half years of business school. I never could have done it without their support financially, emotionally, and mentally. While my siblings and I were growing up (and still to this day), my parents have always told us that we could do anything we set our minds to do. For several years, I thought that my dear mother was the origin of the quote: "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." (Brian Littrell) As far as my career is concerned, I think that the best advice that my mother ever gave me was to go out and get a job in the career I was considering. This advice helped me realize that journalism was not my ideal career, and it also helped me realize that I was born for marketing. I really do have the most wonderful parents.

So, what's next? Well, as per my mother's recommendation, I am thinking about taking some more artsy classes next semester. I'm looking into taking 2 of these 4: piano, French, ballet, and some cooking classes. Then, I'm thinking about starting either my MBA or law school next fall or next spring--we'll see how things go : )

1 comment:

Faith Premo said...

I am proud of you! Thank you for the tribute.